RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Move from CDraw to AGG

In message <CFELJNOBFGAAKLKCILMMKEKBIEAA.Marcus.Reimann@reimann-system
beratung.de>
          "Marcus Reimann" <Marcus.Reimann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Jose Hevia wrote:
>>The project is not for making interface code, just make a GPL engine.
>>First it has to be created the project, hosted somewhere, later we can
>>discuss moving it.
>
> So, all problems are solved: The project is created since 2005 under
> http://www.xaraxtreme.org and you're able to contribute your code there.
> Charles said it already: Xara is willing to support this in their
> already existing SVN (see also
> http://www.xaraxtreme.org/developers/documentation/subversion_access_instruc
> tions.html).
>
> Please don't spend your time in creating another fork project at
> Sourceforge. Instead, we should work here as a community.
>
> Charles or Neil: What is necessary to setup another branch and open
> the read/write access to Jose?

The point is that we do not need another branch - the engine issue can
be handled in the trunk via a compile-time switch, or, as has been
suggested, even a run-time switch. Personally, I think that the
suggestion of a run-time switch with dynamically loaded code is rather
over the top to solve an issue as simple as this. Even with a
compile-time switch it will be trivial to create a GPL-only
distribution without CDraw if desired.

Martin