Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara LX Source Released!

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006, Neil Howe wrote:
> Xara have now completed the first release of the Xara LX source code
> under the GPL license.

Congratulations to Charles, Neil, Alex and everyone for working on Xara and
getting it out.

It's exactly 1 year and 2 months (January 18th) since a mail dropped into my
mbox with the first ideas of Xara being GPL'ed.  I doubt there are many
commerical projects with the drive to manage a transformation that speedily,
so I definately thing people win kudos points on that score.

Long live Xara in its third era!  It's a quality product that is going to be
very hard to match by any competitors that now show up (Adobe... ;-).

I'm in Bristol today (and Southampton yesterday), neither of which are Lyon
but I'm sure I'll hear reports back from the people who are there and their
reactions to the LGM.  Best wishes to those who made it to the sunny south.

	-Paul
--
Britain is just cold, in a pesky way.  Bristol, GB