Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] FreeBSD port for XaraLX 0.3r712 created

Vasil,

I have just created a FreeBSD port for XaraLX.
Here is the related discussion at freebsd-ports@xxxxxxxxxxx:

Great news. Thanks!

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-March/thread.html
See "Suggested port: open source Xara Xtreme" and particularly:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2006-March/030730.html

I had this error with 712, but it has disappeared in 715:
http://people.freebsd.org/~vd/tmp/xaraerr.png
Compiler used: gcc (GCC) 3.4.4 [FreeBSD] 20050518
on i386 and amd64

Committers: you may look at the files/ directory of the port
and commit most (if not all) of the patches to the main repository.
Most of them are not FreeBSD specific.

I had a look for the patches and they all seem to be patches to wx (unless
I'm missing something). This is a bit peculiar because I thought FreeBSD
was a wx supported platform. Can you confirm that these are all wx
problems? (i.e. no patches required to XaraLX). If so, I suggest you report
to their bug-tracker at sourceforge (and submit the patch at sourceforge
too). It's a bit concerning wx does not seem to build out the box for
FreeBSD.

The 712/715 error looks like the same problem people were having
with Gentoo, which Luke's pixie-dust appears to have mysteriously
fixed.

Re the version number incrementing, currently the build server builds
every 3-6 hours, and just pulls off the latest revision. So the revision
number incrementing just means someone is doing some work :-) I'm not
sure whether or not the old versions are kept. I feel we should at
least keep the old stable versions. Note you can always get any particular
revision from svn (obviously).

Alex