RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] wxODComboBox (was ChildWindowFromPoint and other questions)

Alex wrote;

> By the way wxODComboBox also allows a measure of flexibility
> in terms of the combo-boxes sizing that wxComboBox doesn't
> allow. As far as I can see, they can get as small as
> wxTextControl, the pop-up button can be resized, there's no
> reason the menu popped up cannot be wider the control itself,
> and it will be possible to control the maximum height of the
> drop down list without a scrollbar. All these are on Charles'
> must-have list, so I propose that once wxODComboBox is in, we
> drop wxComboBox entirely (even for non-owner drawn ones).
> Which should make Charles happy.

Yes indeedy - now that sounds exactly like the type of Combo box we
need.

One other point, that I'm not sure if wx can do, is that I'd like events
to be returned as the menu is traversed (possibly only if the mouse
button is down) so that we could use this for Live Preview of things
like font selection, line width selection, font size selection etc.

Do you think that's possible?

Charles