RE: Strings and unicode (was Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: [XaraXtreme-commits] Commit Complete)

--On 19 April 2006 12:31 +0100 Gerry Iles <GerryI@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The %hs option should be available on all Unicode builds however, in
this case, it may be better to not use it as we can't be sure of how it
operates.

InternalAssert shouldn't really try to do anything that might fail so it
is probably safer to convert the filename string manually in Unicode
builds.  I'll be checking in this version shortly.

OK. By "manually" I take it you mean by doing L ## __FILE__ or whatever
(i.e. in the macro).

FixFormat currently doesn't do anything but I've left the various calls
to it in place for the time being in case I needed to put it back for
some reason...

If you are mucking around with this, I think the only remaining thing
not passed as a unicode string is the username. Whilst converting
all those TRACEUSER statements would be too boring for words, you
could fix up the macro to make the string long. This would get
rid of char * completely from errors.{h,cpp} / ensure.{h,cpp}. I'm
not sure whether or not it's worth it though...

Alex