[XaraXtreme-dev] UI question - constrain

I thought this was an LX bug, but it seems to do the same on Xtreme.

If I draw (say) a rectangle, in the rectangle tool, then resize it using
the bottom right corner, I can hit CONTROL which makes it resize either
keeping the same with or height, OR keeping the same aspect ratio.

But if I use the selector, CONTROL seems to make it ONLY a multiple
of its existing size. There seems to be no way to keep the same
aspect ratio when resizing as a constrain key. Surely there /must/
be a modifier which keeps the aspect ratio the same. All I was
trying to do was resize an imported bitmap without it changing
the aspect ratio. I'm sure this worked 5 years ago! What am I missing?

Alex