Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Font metrics and kerning update

In message <4447880A.7030301@xxxxxxxx>
          Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Gerry Iles wrote:
>
>>Well --ftversion doesn't work but --version gives 9.7.3
>>
>>Gerry
>>

> Am I right in thinking you are using FC4? If so it maybe worth trying to
> update you freetype2 library, using 'yum upgrade freetype-devel'

That is certainly one possibility, but we need to decide what minimum
version of each library we require. The lower we can go the better. I
think the patch I just sent a moment ago should remove the dependency
on the very latest FreeType version. We can expect more users with
outdated libraries in the future, so it is not too bad to have a
tester with a not-leading-edge FreeType version.

Martin