Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Executing Default Web Browser?

Neil,

--On 25 April 2006 12:11 +0100 Neil Howe <NeilH@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

0.5 will include some help in plain HTML form. So we'll need to add a
Help option to Xara LX to throw up a web browser on the help intro page.
And of course really we should have a link to xaralx.org in there
somewhere now too.

Is there a standard way to find and invoke the preferred web browser that
the user has configured, given that different distributions promote
different browsers? Or do we do this the dumb way by Exec'ing on names
like "Firefox", "Mozilla", etc. until we find one that works!

Assuming you don't want to use wxHtmlWindow and display them all in
the app, how about using wxExecute, wxFileType::GetOpenCommand,
(and, if necessarily wxMimeTypesManager::GetFileTypeFromExtension).
That will do the job, I'd have thought.

Alex