Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: [XaraXtreme-commits] Commit Complete

Phil Martin wrote:

Luke Hart wrote:

Phil Martin wrote:

What about wxEVT_CHAR?

Phil

Do you know of something that uses it? The entire of the key press frame work only deals with Key Downs and Ups (as it did under Camelot). I've never needed to handle wxEVT_CHARs, Key down auto-repeats.

   Luke

Hot key detection only uses up and down events because by definition hotkeys are always a single keypress. But getting character data must be done via wxEVT_CHAR so that we get unicode data through whatever input method the user is using.

Controls (text edit controls in particular) must get wxEVT_CHARs and so must the Text tool (via the view or application keypress handler).

Phil

I guess wxEVT_CHAR handling may not apply directly to what you're doing but it feels odd to vector UP and DOWN events around the place but not the CHAR events that are derived from them.

Phil