Re: Icons (Was: [XaraXtreme-dev] Options dialog)

Luke Hart wrote:

Phil Martin wrote:

I suggest that anyone who is designing or choosing icons has a quick look at the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. There are lots of generally useful tips about icon design and usage in here and ideally LX icons should be usable on Mac OS X without modification.

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/ OSXHIGuidelines/index.html

Phil

I think that's a very good idea, since the Mac community are far more "discerning" (although I could think of other terms for it). The icons on your average Gnome \ KDE \ Windows desktop are not really consistent, but because Apple made an effort to enforce guidelines from the beginnign this isn't the case on the Mac.

   Luke

Yep. The Apple Human Interface Guidelines document could be applied to all LX interface design. Obviously it contains a lot of Mac OS X specific information but the general guidelines are very good - the Mac philosophy is (unsurprisingly) very close to our own.

Phil