Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Problem in wxWidgets 2.6.3...

Gerry Iles wrote:
Indeed, that is what it is trying to do.  I'm not convinced it always
works correctly though because of the comment in ChildWindowFromPoint
that says:

    // Go backwards through the list since windows
    // on top are likely to have been appended most
    // recently.

The windows really need to be tested in strict top-first order for it to
work correctly.  I don't like the sound of that "likely"...

Sadly that comment is taken directly from the source for
FindWindowAtPoint which will suffer from the same problem. I
agree that unless the list is strictly ordered by z-order it
should be doing a string top-down z-order search.

I'm not sure how to do that off the top of my head - I
presume by getting GTK to enumerate window order or
something.

Anyway, it will be no more broken than it was!

Alex