RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] New in 0.5?

--On 22 May 2006 16:42 +0100 Neil Howe <NeilH@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The profile controls don't yet work in any tool, so I think that's why
we said 90%. The feather, fill, transparency and blend tools all have a
profile button that does nothing when clicked in LX.

Oh of course. And I was the one who pointed that out :-)

That's probably a relatively easy one to spec for a newcomer to LX
development as it's pretty self-contained and easily testable. We can avoid
repeating past mistakes by using a kernel-drawn control (the colour editor
does this and it seems to work fine), and we have a nice
owner-drawn-control demo dialog accessible from the debug tree. It would
suit someone with a windows box who can see it working on Xtreme. I would
have thought it would be about a day's work or less for someone who knows
the source already, but would be a great learning experience if done with a
kernel-drawn control as it would introduce them to both the dialog system
and the drawing system, and give something reasonably concrete and
productive after a (relatively) short period of time. Obviously the
learning will mean it takes longer than a day!

Alex