RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Compile error with freetype-2.2.1

Title: RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Compile error with freetype-2.2.1

> Thanks. Unfortunately, that indicates that the FreeType people have
> changed the interface in an incompatible way. Very strange. Such
> things are usually avoided like the plague, and in this case, it is
> even stranger because the change is only cosmetic anyway.
>
> As far as I can see, this change is bound to break all existing code
> using outline conversion, and, what is even more infuriating, for no
> apparent gain. I guess, someone went over the top when going through
> all the code and making pointer parameters "const". In library
> functions this is backward compatible, but not when defining the
> signatures of callback functions.
>
> This is very sad because it means there is no way to write code that
> works for both FreeType 2.1 and 2.2 - I will have to introduce nasty
> #ifdefs to accomodate the two conflicting interfaces. Even worse, we
> do not even know yet in which precise version the change was made. :-(
>
> Martin

Martin,

The change happened between v1.46 and v1.47 of ftimage.h (see http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewcvs/freetype2/include/freetype/ftimage.h?root=freetype&r1=1.46&r2=1.47). 1.47 is the version include with all the release candidates of FT2.2, so basically anything after that point will be broken.

   Luke