[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
[XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project
- From: Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:39:35 +0100
- Subject: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project
I've checked in an Xcode project that nearly builds the current LX
source code. It has numerous issues:
* It fails to link in libxml2 at the moment.
* It has absolute paths in it that need to be altered when used on
* It refers to png and jpeg header files directly in wxMac source
code (as a temporary means of re-using png and jpeg libs in wxMac)
* build-resources.pl does not find the svn command and a bodged
version number is supplied.
* I'm not sure whether it builds Universal Binaries at the moment.
* Only the Development target has been worked on recently.
Brief instructions to use the XaraLX.xcodeproj project:
* Open wxWidgets.xcodeproj
* Duplicate the Development target and rename it DevUnicode
* Add _UNICODE and wxUSE_UNICODE=1 to the preprocessor macros of the
* Build the new target as a static library: libwx_macud_static.a
* Open XaraLX.xcodeproj
* Adjust the path to the wxWidgets.xcodeproj file
* Adjust other paths as required in both project build settings and
target build settings
Note that the wxWidgets.xcodeproj does not build the wxrc tool which
is required by the build-resources.pl script of XaraLX. You will have
to build it one way or the other: A new xcode project to do it would
be ideal (or a new target within wxWidgets.xcodeproj) but failing
that you will have to configure and build the entire wxWidgets
project form the command line.
If/when you do get a built exe out of it, you will find that the
application is deeply broken. There are clearly some byte-order issues.