Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Hello Xara!

--On 24 May 2007 19:33 -0400 JLM <jsado_sc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

obtaining from wxWidgets is wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOW. wxWidgets always
returns white for that value. I think the more appropriate enum is
wxSYS_COLOR_BACKGROUND. So in wxOil/dlgcol.cpp on line 207 change it from:

GetOSColour(&mTextBack, wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOW);

GetOSColour(&mTextBack, wxSYS_COLOUR_BACKGROUND);

Ignore my previous reasoning for this bit. I think I now understand
what you are saying, and the answer is this:

Under MSW (and possibly the Mac, I don't know) there is a default colour
for a workspace window (so, for instance, what the background colour
would be under say Notepad), which is white. That's the gallery background
colour. It isn't intended to by light gray which is dialog background
colour. However, GTK doesn't have this concept as a customisable colour
(or at least it isn't read by wxWidgets) which is why it hard codes
it to white. So whilst I don't think the change you present above is
correct, I am unsure what the answer is.

Alex