Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode - built Mac Version will not display wxXtra SplashScreen

On 30/06/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben Fowler wrote:
>> So here we want to be sure it's taking the RTTI of the object
>> at 0x3301ba00. Looking at src/mac/toplevel.cpp it would seem to
>> do the right thing in generating the event.
>
> [ snip ]

What I'm trying to work out is whether
a) FilterEvent's event has the wrong EventObject in; or
b) Whether it has the right EventObject in, but it is not yielding
    the correct RTTI. As far as I know, RTTI should work right in
    a constructor once all the base class constructors have been
    called. This is clearly the case as wxAdvSplashScreen's own
    derived constructor has been called.

I'd gone before your reply arrived.

I agree.

On (a) isn't it sufficient that the 'this' pointer is the same -- have
I shown that it is the same? Am I missing something about C++ and
constructors?

b)
 i) I think that wxFrame is a base class of wxAdvSplashScreen, and
this is why its constructor is called before wxAdvSplashScreen's runs.
 ii) I need to check that RTTI is actually on
 ii) I need to check that I am using the mac/carbon/frame.h

Ben