RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text formatting enhancements

In message <5056CBC646CB4047BB26120F4377DB719BA80B@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          "Charles Moir" <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The focus issue is a pain (where it takes focus when clicking on the
> ruler, so you have to click back in the document to do anything
> further).

Yes - hopefully, that should be easy to fix.

> I will test some more and provide feedback later.  I notice a few things
> straight away that are different to the Windows version, which may well
> be existing bugs in the text tool rather than related to the new stuff.
> E.g. Ctrl-A doesn't work (select all) and Esc neither (select text
> object), and triple click (select line) don't work.
>
> Also Ctrl-L selects Rulers, in Xara Windows version it selects the
> whole line (when in text tool). Also Ctrl-W. So it seems a number of
> text key short-cuts are not working.
>
> (It's annoying that Ctrl-L is used by the text tool as that's also
> used for rulers, so perhaps you've disabled this in the text tool?)

As far as I can see that has always been the case in the XaraLX text
tool. I have not changed anything regarding text tool short-cuts.

After a quick look it seems that the whole special key handling for
Ctrl + alphabetic keys in the text tool is not working.
Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V/Ctrl-X work because they are handled using the global
hotkey system.

The character tests done in TextTool::HandleSpecialStoryKeys have been
converted incorrectly, so they never match - they test for upper case
letters but Ctrl-W is reported as Ctrl + lowercase w by wxWidgets.

Martin