[XaraXtreme-dev] interactive cancel of filter export action

Hello,

I have a simple problem: let's suppose we have an export filter that popups a
dialog box with a few settings and the classic "ok" and "cancel" buttons;
let's suppose that the user clicks on the "cancel" button. How can the filter
signal Xara that the operation was cancelled?

I supposed that something like system return value was sufficient, like:

int MyApp::OnRun()
{
	if (the_user_aborted_operation)
		return 1;
	return 0;	// Worked
}

but Xara complains with an empty error message when it gets the "1"
return value from the filter executable (screenshot attached).

By the way, I suggest to check the error message string (!str.IsEmpty())
before opening the message box because it's a bit confusing.

Regards,
Sandro

PNG image