Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: [XaraXtreme-commits] Commit Complete

Did you do this for a reason? I certainly have written code that is reliant on the string being empty after the call to this function (and there is lots more that is also reliant on this fact). My code will still work because the string is always empty before I make the call, but I don't know for certain about of instances.

This is so DeclarePref when passed a string leaves the static
default value alone if the preference is not present (rather
than NULL'ing it).

I thought it was a winoil=>wxOil conversion bug, but it seems
winoil does the same thing.

The reason for changing it is because otherwise you can't use a
static default string, like you can use a static default integer,
which is both irritating and inconsistent. It looks like a bug,
but sadly one on whose behaviour people might rely.

If it's likely to break stuff, I can change it back. The case
where it would break things is where a non NULL string is used
as a default (as if the string is NULL, writing a NULL on
top of it makes no difference), the preference is absent,
and the result of it being NULL'd is something other than
replacing the non-NULL default.

Views?

Alex