Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Text tool shortcuts

In message <44C0AA57.6000905@xxxxxxxx>
          Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The key events are:
> 1st        Key down
> 2nd       Char after processing by IM
> 3rd       Key up
>
> The text tool needs to handle the char event since this is the only that
> can correct handle unicode characters. [...]
>
> I suspect that if you were using the key down event you would be getting
> the character code you expect.

Thanks. Yes, the key down event does indeed supply the virtual key as
expected. So, this probably means that the text tool will have to
react to the key down events for shortcuts and to the char events for
character input.

That makes sense - the question is why the same text tool code works
in Xtreme? Or is the distinction between key down and char events
specific to wxOil?

Martin