RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac Developer

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 16:47 +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> Phil,
>
> > Alex: Does the wxWidgets Xcode project get built by the wx people or is
> > it built by the configuration of wxWidgets? How do we modify the Xcode
> > project to do the things we want one way or another...
>
> It's build by bakefile_gen; bakefile_gen does the equivalent of
> autoconf+configure as far as I can tell.

I don't think XCode files are generated by bakefile. See
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel/75972
especially Kevin's post.

bakefile_gen generates Makefile.in's, and autoconf_inc.m4 for autoconf
backend, and equivalent files for others (.dsp for MSVC, etc).
configure.in is written by hand, not bakefile, as bakefile and other
build systems don't deal with that - for other systems one edits
setup.h, but with configure these are all the switches. autoconf_inc.m4
is probably included by autoconf to get a list of directories with
Makefile.in's (configure's task is to generate Makefile's from
Makefile.in's based on the options given to it), and other necessary
things for which information resides in bakefile build files (*.bkl)

Regards,
Mart Raudsepp