[XaraXtreme-dev] Fwd: ROX / XaraLX

[ This message bounced due to a mailserver problem, so I'm resending
it. Apologies if it arrives twice ]

On 5/28/06, Charles Moir <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Thomas,
[...]
I'd be interested in exploring what's involved in doing a 0install for Xara
LX and getting it listed in 0install packages.  Our problem is finding
people who can do this work. Do you have anyone who might be interested in
helping us make Xara LX 0install compatible?

Hi Charles,

Your bz2 binary package seems to work already without modification
(tested on Debian/stable and Debian/unstable). I've attached a sample
XML file you can use to describe it: just choose a URL for it and sign
it with your GPG key. The 0publish command can help you do this -- get
it with:

$ 0alias 0publish http://0install.net/2006/interfaces/0publish

(assuming you have Zero Install; get it from http://0install.net if not)

Then:

$ 0publish XaraXtreme.xml \
   --set-interface-uri=http://www.xaraxtreme.org/0install/XaraXtreme.xml \
   --xmlsign

Upload the XML file and your GPG public key (which 0publish will
export for you) to your web-server at the location you set. Put a link
to it on your download page. People can then get it by dragging the
link from your web-site to their installer, as normal. I've put up a
sample version here so you can see what it will look like (signed with
a test key, do 'View Source' to see the XML):

 http://0install.net/tests/XaraXtreme.xml

When you make a new release, add it to the XML file and people will be
offered the chance to upgrade when Zero Install next checks it (once a
month by default).

For more information, this guide should help (for Inkscape, but the
steps are identical):

http://0install.net/package-inkscape.html

You'll probably want to add a link to an icon (in PNG format) at least
(see comments in the XML file). To get it listed on 0install.net, just
post the XML file's URL and the GPG key fingerprint to a public
mailing list and CC me. I'll probably include a launcher for it in the
ROX-All package too, as many ROX users will have been Artworks users
in the past!

Let me know if you have any questions (please CC, as I may not be
reading the mailing list in detail).

--
Dr Thomas Leonard               http://rox.sourceforge.net

--
Dr Thomas Leonard		http://rox.sourceforge.net
<?xml version="1.0" ?>

  <!-- Optionally, uncomment this to specify the program's homepage: -->
  <homepage>http://www.xaralx.org/</homepage>

  <!-- Optionally, uncomment this to specify an icon: -->
  <!-- <icon href='http://site/icon.png' type='image/png'/> -->

  <!-- Set 'main' to the relative path of your default
        executable within the implementation's directory.
	E.g.: "myprog" or "bin/myprog" -->
  <group main="bin/xaralx">
    <!-- List any libraries your program needs here -->
    <!--
    <requires interface="http://site/library";>
      <environment insert="python" name="PYTHONPATH"/>
    </requires>
    -->

    <!-- List all implementations here -->
    <implementation arch="Linux-i486" id="sha1=8b8e74af00a5e9a22376dcaf9765c81291a95685" released="2006-08-25" version="0.7.1692">
      <archive extract="xaralx" href="http://downloads.xara.com/opensource/RecomXaraLX0.7_rev1692.tar.bz2"; size="18532162"/>
    </implementation>
  </group>
</interface>
<!-- Base64 Signature
iD8DBQBE70x1X4867bpiWnkRAgKwAJ9Ee1LOgC+iwf6r/4NE+3qcnt/e0gCdH35C1/Fm3vOOymsb
GhfywEBPrmQ=

-->