Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Re: ROX / XaraLX

Thomas Leonard wrote:
On 9/8/06, Neil Howe <NeilH@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
[ Using Zero Install to run Xara ]

No, autopackage doesn't track the individual help files now. There are
around 2500 files and autopackage just couldn't cope with registering
them all in it's own db in a reasonable time during the install. So now
we include them as an archive and autopackage just unpacks them at
install time but doesn't itself track the individual separate files. All
other files are installed and tracked normally by autopackage.

OK, I see. Zero Install extracts each archive to its own directory, so
we don't need to track individual files as conflicts aren't possible,
so this won't be a problem.

> How do you locate the help files?
> (e.g., relative to the main binary location?)

Yes the program looks for the help files in ../share/xaralx/doc/en,
relative to the executable binary location. So once this change is done
you should find the tar archive is in the right structure.

Perfect. That shouldn't require us to do anything special at all.

Thanks Neil,

All version of the tar-ball after 1748 (and including) will contain the help file individually. I've verified that with the changes running the application and clicking the help menu item, will display the opening page of the help.

   Luke