RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xara LX status

That's correct. The viewer currently uses WXWidgets that builds fine for
Windows and Linux but we have not spent time trying to get it to work
for the Mac. In an ideal world it should just work as well of course,
but it aint going to be that simple.  We've had strong interest from a
number of Mac developers and we'd hope they will take the code and get
it to work under WX on the Mac.

Some developers have expressed concern about us using WX and asking
whether it's good enough to produce a really slick Mac-alike UI, but our
view is that WX is our platform independent framework layer and so we'd
hope it will work well, and where it's not good, that we make it good.

(That's not to stop someone creating a native Carbon or Cocoa interface
layer, but I'd imagine that will be more work than fixing up WXWidgets
where required)

Oh, we do know that the XaraDraw, the rendering engine, does work on the
Mac. There were some endian issues originally, but those have been fixed
as far as we know. There might be some endian issues in other code
still, but we'd hope this was nothing major.