RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Ping

On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 17:03 +0000, Charles Moir wrote:

> I'd also point out that the binary should be pretty stable. To be honest
> we barely changed the GDraw dll as used in the Windows version over a
> ten year period.  i.e. the product itself has evolved enormously (as can
> the Linux one) without requiring any change to the CDraw binary.

Perhaps it doesn't limit much in the form of new features, but it does
limit where it can be used.

Out of interest, I assume there's a reason for *not* releasing it, in
addition to your reasons for believing there's no reason to release it.
What is it?

Also; does your purchase by MAGIX stagnate your involvement in the
project?  ie, do Xara have their blessing to continue expending time and
resources on Xara LX, and in the future possibly releasing CDRAW under
the same licence as the rest of Xara LX?

B.