Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Let's Move Along

On 2/15/07, Jose Hevia <jose.francisco.hevia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hmm, yeah. Considering that in Xara, I simply cannot use keyboard for
> many tasks that I routinely use it for in Inkscape (including such
> basic tasks as scrolling canvas, scaling/rotating objects, or
> adjusting kerning/letterspacing), I guess that my average Inkscape
> session has rather more keystrokes (but fewer "mousestrokes") per
> minute than in Xara.

That is not fair, you are one of the people that created the skeystrokes. :-)

> Whether it's an advantage of Xara is another question, of course...

People get use to something(like qwerty), train the unconscious part
of the brain for years and then it's not easy to change. I always
finish documents with <ESC>:wq being on vim or word. :-)

Before I got involved with Inkscape, I was a heavy Xara user. I
_thought_ I was happy with Xara :) But then I asked myself, cannot
this be done even better? The Inkscape keyboard shortcuts are part of
the the answer to this question.

Don't get me wrong. Xara is still more usable than Inkscape in certain
aspects. But to claim its relative lack of keyboard shortcuts as an
advantage is rather strange IMHO.

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.