Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] font function is disable

Martin Wuerthner wrote:
In message <3679C74E169274B1E93D6755@[192.168.100.25]>
          Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--On 27 March 2006 18:27 +0800 Bobber Cheng <bobber.cheng@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My compiled xara has disabled font function button? Is font function not
implemented on GPL version or it need other things?
Text isn't yet working. We need to get the FreeType integration working.
Martin Wuerthner is working on it right now. He says he can see text
rendering on his local copy. Feel free to give him a hand if you can
though from the sound of it Martin said he'd got a fair way (there were
some preliminary check-ins dealing with font caching last week).

I have got text rendering working here for wxGTK builds and I am currently trying to work out how to best check things in, which is a bit tricky because my implementation is for the GTK/Pango/fontconfig/FreeType chain only, not for MacOS builds, so I will have to add some empty MacOS stubs and then hope that they compile OK so I do not break the Mac builds when I check things in.

I guess that Bopper's question really was about the text tool, which is still some way off. Enabling text rendering does at least enable a few other things, e.g., here, I can select text objects and move them, apply a shadow, etc., though without the text tool enabled, for obvious reasons, text cannot be created or edited.

yes, I only want to input text as demo, can i do it?
Martin