RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] File => Close crashes

In message <b881d8124e.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <5056CBC646CB4047BB26120F4377DB71CB6EC6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
>           "Gerry Iles" <GerryI@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I noticed this a couple of hours ago and found it crashed in
>> CCamView::GetClientSize because the render window has been deleted.  I
>> haven't checked why it is being called when the window is being closed
>> but I have made it not SEGV if it does...
>>
>> Does this sort out your problem?
>
> Mysteriously, the problem had gone away in my copy shortly after I had
> posted the message below (the only change I did since then was to
> install some fonts, including Arial, which also changed the appearance
> of the window, so maybe it was related to that?). I am glad you still
> saw the crash so you could fix the issue.

Sorry, that was nonsense. The problem is still there.

The crash is caused by the text tool trying to remove the blobs from
the non-existing window in TextInfoBarOp::Message. When it gets a view
change message it calls GetVisibleSpread() on the old view. I presume
the IsScreenCamView() call that was removed (see the portnote in line
2602) was meant to prevent the problem. Somehow we need a way to
distinguish between a dead old view and a live old view. Apparently,
testing oOldView against NULL does not do that.

Martin

Martin