Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] xaralx is in debian (sort of)

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 09.04.2006, 19:35 +0100 schrieb Alex Bligh:
> > Also, I just notice, if xaralx is GPL, and CDraw is not, isn't that an
> > illegal combination that would prohibit distribution? Not that it would
> > matter as soon as CDraw is freed...
>
> I don't think so. Under the GPL you are allowed to give *additional*
> rights to a licensee (but not restrict the rights in the GPL). See
> the section marked "ADDITIONAL RIGHTS" in the file "LICENSE" which
> explicitly allows linking with CDraw.

Right, I overlooked that part (hmm, I remember checking that before
uploading, and I did find it then), since I forgot to copy that part of
the license to the package's /usr/share/doc/xaralx/copyright. This will
be fixed with the next upload.

Without being a copyright/license expert, I think this is then legally
correct and no problem after all. If someone understood this as an
attack of any kind on XaraLX, I apologize. I merely wanted to tease a
bit and remind of the non-free bit.

Good night and keep up the good work!

Joachim

--