[XaraXtreme-dev] Problems with ranlib while compiling XaraLX

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me out here, I'm stuck as can be.

I've managed to get all of the libraries and updates applied to my Mac
(running OS X 10.4.6) and I'm now at the point of issuing the ranlib
command following the Xara LX Mac build instructions. However, all I
get is this error:

ranlib: for architecture i386 object:
/Users/andy/Xara/XaraLX/libs/darwin/libCDraw.a(libCDrawStatic.a-i386-master.o)
malformed object (unknown flavor for flavor number 0 in LC_UNIXTHREAD
command 3 can't byte swap it)

The path is correct (followed the SVN download instructions), but I
just can't get it to work - and I've tried the latest and recommended
builds.

Any clues? Am I missing something daft?

Thanks,

    Andy.