Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] compile failure with recent versions

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 10:30:03AM +0100, Luke Hart wrote:
> Vasil Dimov wrote:
>
> >What about using localeconv(3) instead of nl_langinfo(3)? The former
> >looks more consistent between different operating systems and has
> >documented all items you need. Following is a patch against localenv.cpp
> >that converts nl_langinfo usage to localeconv.
> >

> Yes, that seems a reasonable work-a-round, just a bit of a pitty the
> FreeBSD doesn't support the more efficient nl_langinfo interface

FreeBSD actually supports the nl_langinfo interface, it just lacks the
macros you used - FRAC_DIGITS, THOUSANDS_SEP and DECIMAL_POINT, and so
does Debian too (see the simple program I posted in my previous posting
and the errors it emits during compilation on Debian). Btw I have not
checked if XaraLX compiles with FRAC_DIGITS on debian and if "yes" then
"why" (contradictory to the simple program).

This makes little sense now, after you converted nl_langinfo to
localeconv.

Btw I just added new port to the FreeBSD ports collection -
graphics/xaralx-devel it will follow the latest version of XaraLX
(currently it is at 849), while graphics/xaralx will stick to the
recommended version (currently 798). This way happy FreeBSD users can
choose which one to use and even install both (the former is installed
under XaraLX-devel).

Thanks for your fast response and for committing the patch.

--
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra