Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] JPEG lib namespace

On 18/04/06, Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <4444A130.8040804@xxxxxxxx>
>           Luke Hart <lukeh@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> [ snip ]
>
> > Would uncommenting your 'extern "C"' lines cause an serious problems
> > for distributions that do the work themsleves?
>
> I do not think nested extern "C" blocks are forbidden (but I could not
> find any definitive statement on this in Stroustrup), so I cannot
> think of a reason why the lines cannot be uncommented.

It should be in Stroustrup somewhere. The text of the standard is
something like:

"Linkage specifications nest.  When linkage  specifications  nest,  the
  innermost  one  determines the language linkage.  A linkage specifica-
  tion does not establish a scope."

It may have originally been worded slightly more loosely than that.

You should be able to find it by Googling for the significant words,
for example,
http://www.csci.csusb.edu/dick/c++std/cd2/dcl.html near the bottom.

Ben