Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Xcode link problem

On 24/04/06, Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've hit a problem that I haven't worked out how to resolve yet:
>
> I've got a few remaining unresolved symbols in the Xcode build of XaraLX
> which are related to libiconv and zlib:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> I can't find what is using the libiconv symbols. Any suggestions?

They are either in libiconv or libintl. Look in /usr/lib (possibly
/usr/local/lib) and /sw/lib. You should find the requisite .dylib
which you can drag into the 'Frameworks' folder. (At a nuts and bolts
level the Mac runtime treats Frameworks and dynamic libraries as the
same species of artifact).

> I can't figure out why the zlib symbols are missing because all the
> appropriate source files are in the build. Any suggestions?

Do you mean that the symbols are in Camelot source files which are
being compiled? If so, you might want to check that those files were
compiled by gcc not g++, (or mark the symbols as
extern "C" when __cplusplus is defined, but I have a suspicion that
that is not the best approach).If the symbols are not provided by
Camelot then you will need to link with a library, either a wx
convenience library if it is available, or libz from one the
directories I listed above.

Ben