Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] What's going on?

Thanks, Charles, for your thoughtful reply.

You bet, I'd buy a commercial Linux version of Xara Xtreme, one like the Windows Pro, and pay at least USD $250 for it. <smile>

frank

Charles Moir wrote:
Not a lot is happening right now. Our Xara developers are still tied up
with commercial releases.  The conclusion from the recent discussion
about Cairo was that we'd certainly support the inclusion of Cairo as a
replacement engine for the currently closed-source CDraw, and that we'd
incorporate such changes into the main build, which would create a truly
free version of Xara Xtreme for Linux.  But we just do not have the time
to do this work.

I would have hoped some external contributors might have been
interested.  But if not this perhaps reflects that there is relatively
low interest and demand for Xara Xtreme on Linux.  If there were enough
interest in creating a completely free Xara Xtreme for Linux, then I'd
hope and expect some developer somewhere would be interested in doing
the work.

We'd like to see it, we'd support it, and provide what help we can, but
it just can't be our developer-time right now.

Charles