RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Latest build test.

> --On 07 May 2006 15:32 +0100 Charles Moir <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hmm I can't find the bugzilla report which is concerning as I know
> this
> > has been detailed more than once.  Oh well I just found a machine
and
> > tried. This is 100% repeatable and very easy to reproduce. Load the
> > first example design, the corvette, then click the new document icon
> and
> > draw a rectangle. Close this document. Bang. Perhaps doesn't happen
on
> > debug builds, but does on retail binary.
>
> OK should be simple enough to find, but it doesn't happen here on the
> debug build, or on the retail build v.924 that I happen to have
> lying around. How are you closing the document? File->Close?
>
> [Gerry] I did some work on this problem about a month ago and I found
> that the crashes happen when you have more than one document open and
> you close the left most one (tab-wise).  This happens because of a bug
> in wxGTK with view activation and I submitted a patch to wx that fixes
> it.  There was also a small change I made to our code that ensures
that
> our concept of selected document and view gets cleared when the
selected
> view is deactivated but I left this commented out.  I've now put this
> back in but there is another issue in the new focus handling code.  I
> have fixed this one too and will check it in as soon as I've done an
> up-to-date build...

The original close bug in Bugzilla was closed after Gerry's changes
because it was no longer reproducible. The crashes became much less
frequent and weren't reproducible for me. However I can now reproduce
the crash following the steps from Charles above, in the release build.
We'll see if Gerry's change today fixes that.

Neil