Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XML notes

--On 10 May 2006 15:22 +0100 Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

* Remember that libxml2 uses UTF-8 encoding in memory no matter what the
program's native encoding or the encoding of the original doc. So you
have to be careful to do correct conversion to and from UTF-8 when
passing strring parameters to it. I used wxString for this because it has
useful encoding conversion functions.

So I am guessing it is impossible to reliably encode non-UTF-8 in XML -
using this library anyway? Can you confirm that's the case? If so,
things like saving a text story as XML would be inherently lossy. Fine
if so, but we should know.

Alex