Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac build problem?

Gerry Iles wrote:

Is there a problem with building on OS X at the moment? Someone has reported that they are having a problem with libCDraw:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=21273

Gerry

Yeah I saw but I don't know what to say to the guy. I suspect his version of ranlib might not understand UB files but even if he gets through this hurdle there are 10s more to come and even then he won't get a good working version of the app.

Trouble is, the Linux version changes so fast and the build system is SO dependent on Linux tools that keeping a Mac build up to date is very difficult - especially when I'm only supposed to be doing it in my own time and it's really difficult to stop thinking about the Linux version and start thinking about Mac stuff.

I have an XCode project which does now build the app but that version of the app is even more broken than the one built by the Linux tools.

All very depressing - needs some serious TIME spent on it.

Phil