Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Mac build problem?

On 15/05/06, Phil Martin <phil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Gerry Iles wrote:
> Is there a problem with building on OS X at the moment?  Someone has
> reported that they are having a problem with libCDraw:

Yeah I saw but I don't know what to say to the guy. I suspect his
version of ranlib might not understand UB files but even if he gets
through this hurdle there are 10s more to come and even then he won't
get a good working version of the app.

[ snip ]

I have an XCode project which does now build the app but that version of
the app is even more broken than the one built by the Linux tools.

There may be reasons not to, but if you could commit the project file,
even if on a branch, then there is always a possibility that someone
will fix the broken-ness. (I assume that you mean GNU tools).

All very depressing - needs some serious TIME spent on it.

Trying to keep a Mac version up-to-the minute if the 'culture' is
against it, may be a poor use of your time. I would have thought that
wxMac and wxGTK or Linux/BSD had enough in common that what is needed
now is steady forward progress on the Linux side, and wrap up the Mac
project at some point in the future. That is, assume that the Mac
version needs a skin and various cosmetic and surface work, but that
the innards will be one and the same.

Personally, I think that the breakthrough will be when people start to
use it and provide bug reports.

Ben