Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] autopackage

Charles Moir wrote:

Phil said

We can't expect end-users to fiddle around doing that sort of thing, can we? I thought the point was to create a friendly installation method...

I agree. This is terrible. It's scarcely believable that you can't have
a reliable or user-friendly way to install software on Linux.

Neil if this is the best that exists, then I'm afraid it's not looking
good.

Charles
Linux has chosen security over user-convience (exactly how many Windows viruses are spread by users clicking on an executable of unknown origin). I think that this is absoultly the best trade-off, I'd even argue that native packages shouldn't be installed by default on double click.

   Luke