Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Formatting in wxStaticText?

Alex Bligh wrote:

Newlines are barred from labels in XRC I think, not least because
they are not compatible with gettext and translation (see the
zillion warnings on build).

Are you really saying that we can't store newlines in textual resources???

That does seem to be the root of the problem I'm seeing - I have "\n" seqences in strings held in xrc resources and they are not being expanded into proper newline characters whereas, the statically bound _T("This\nis anewline") works fine.

There must be a way to represent newlines in string resource /somehow/, even if we can't use the standard "\n" for fear of upsetting gettext - someone must have wanted to do this before...???

Phil