RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Irritating font dropdown list

> > Here (SUEE 10, KDE desktop), the font dropdown list works in an
> > unusual way: I cannot simply click to bring up the list, then move
> > over the font I want and click again to select it. If I simply click
> > on the font field or the menu icon next to it, the list is displayed
> > and vanishes instantly.
> >
> > There are two ways to get it to work: One is to keep the mouse
button
> > depressed, move over the entry I want and only then let go of the
> > button.
> >
> > The second is to keep the mouse button depressed and move outside
and
> > let go of the button. Then, the list stays on screen and I can make
my
> > selection in the usual way by clicking on an entry.
> >
> > Neither of these workarounds is very nice and seeing the list appear
> > and vanish instantly is very confusing for users. Do others see this
> > as well?
>
> Nope - that's a bug. To confirm, you are clicking on the field, or
> the dropdown button? (they are meant to do the same thing in a
> read only combo). And you are doing a click, not a click-and-hold?
>
> Could you try the release build to see if it is a compilation issue?
> If the bug is still there, I will send you a wxWidgets-2.7 sample
> app (or you can download it from 2.7 CVSHEAD and build it yourself)
> and see if it errors with that.

I'm seeing this too in the release build of 1097 using FC4. Most of the
time clicking the dropdown button flashes the menu up and it disappears
immediately. But it's inconsistent - it sometimes works as it should,
very occasionally. Can't see the difference between the clicks that work
and those that don't! Other dropdowns are ok.

Neil