RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Rescanning available fonts

In message <5056CBC646CB4047BB26120F4377DB719BA470@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          "Charles Moir" <CharlesM@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Luke said
>
>> Why don't you get the directories using FcConfigGetConfigDirs
>> and then use famd/gamd to monitor the directories.
>
> I quite like that. Is this is the new(ish) Linux ability to monitor
> directories / file changes? So if we knoew the font directories, that
> seems a very nice way of knowing when fonts have (or might have)
> changed.

The thing is that even if that might enable us to find out when the
font configuration has changed, it would not solve the problem that
fontconfig, when asked to list the available fonts would still list
the old font set.

I do not think it makes any sense to rewrite fontconfig, so if that
turns out to be the culprit we will have to get it fixed.

Martin