[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Thread Index]
RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Substituted fonts and Bug 1057
- From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 20:10:56 +0200
- Subject: RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Substituted fonts and Bug 1057
In message <939ACDD6225478DEAEC75A60@[192.168.100.25]>
Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> --On 22 May 2006 19:36 +0200 Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I have just had a great idea (or so I thought), which resulted in a
>> very simple, elegant fix that has the big advantages that (a) it works
>> and (b) it is very straightforward, so it is unlikely to break things
>> at this critical stage.
> That sounds like a good solution to me for the time being.
> However, ultimately being able to apply a font that is already in the
> document but isn't actually installed is still (I think) useful (but
> less of a priority in my opinion).
Yes, we can always add that, but allowing that requires changes in
other parts of the program anyway, so would not be advisable for this
release. As I wrote earlier I added some test code to add substituted
fonts to the list, but selecting these entries would result in the
usual "please enter the name of an installed font" error, so the font
apply check would need to be relaxed to allow applying a non-existing
font. Not a big deal but we need to look at this when things are more