RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.5 recommended version source archive

> > % ls -l libs/x86*/*
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6732612 May 23 17:50 libs/x86/libCDraw.a
> > -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1041758 May 23 17:50
libs/x86_64/libCDraw.a

> OK. This *isn't* the right version. x86 was updated in r1178, x86_64
in
> r1179, and darwin in r1177. So r1175 does NOT have all the correct
code
> in,
> and indeed won't build.
>
> I think what has happened is that just changing these libraries does
not
> fix svnversion.h (Luke, that's the problem I mentioned to you). Note
this
> only happens if the build was not built from a completely clean source
> tree
> so I can only presume someone did a manual update and rebuild on the
build
> server. So despite the release build /saying/ it's r1175 (I presume it
> does) I am betting it actually isn't, it's something later, who knows
> what.

No, the recommended release build is 1175 and there hasn't been any
manual updates.

We have a problem with our procedure for handling CDraw updates so we
need to change it a little.

The problem is that our build server builds the official release xaralx
AND the official release libCDraw.a. It builds both from scratch and the
xaralx build uses the newly built libCDraw.a instead of the one checked
into libs/x86. Therefore the current release xaralx is fine, it uses the
new CDraw. But the source archive for 1175 doesn't have the new CDraw
because the .a wasn't checked in until later.

So to correct the problem, I suggest that we update the 1175 source
archive so it has the correct CDraw libraries in it. I'll ask Graeme to
do this shortly.

And I'll change the build server so that it builds LX with the version
of CDraw under libs, instead of using the CDraw it builds from source.

> Neil - can we work out what /is/ the correct stable release. A brief
study
> of checkins etc. suggests that the answer is r1180 (x86_64 GDraw).
> Certainly r1179 fixed a P1.

It is 1175. That 1179 bug-fix was a P2 that was fixed after the release.

Neil