Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] 0.5 recommended version source archive

Vasil, (& Neil)

This is the contents of the libs directory, (just as found in
XaraLX-0.5r1175.tar.gz):

% ls -l libs/x86*/*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  6732612 May 23 17:50 libs/x86/libCDraw.a
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  1041758 May 23 17:50 libs/x86_64/libCDraw.a

OK. This *isn't* the right version. x86 was updated in r1178, x86_64 in
r1179, and darwin in r1177. So r1175 does NOT have all the correct code in,
and indeed won't build.

I think what has happened is that just changing these libraries does not
fix svnversion.h (Luke, that's the problem I mentioned to you). Note this
only happens if the build was not built from a completely clean source tree
so I can only presume someone did a manual update and rebuild on the build
server. So despite the release build /saying/ it's r1175 (I presume it
does) I am betting it actually isn't, it's something later, who knows what.

Neil - can we work out what /is/ the correct stable release. A brief study
of checkins etc. suggests that the answer is r1180 (x86_64 GDraw).
Certainly r1179 fixed a P1.

Fixing things so the svnversion is always correct is part of my build
system fixes I want to do. I guess they just got more important...

Alex