Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] errors building 0.5r1200 (and earlier from 0.5 branch)

On Sunday 28 May 2006 11:04, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> On Sunday 28 May 2006 10:56, Alex Bligh wrote:
> > Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > > I'm trying to build 0.5 since it was announced but there is always an
> > > error. Now I tried again with a fresh checkout (revision 1200) and the
> > > error is this:
> >
> > If you've done a fresh checkout, can you please check
> > wxOil/resources.cpp exists?
>
> Hmm, it doesn't, weird. Since I package xara as rpm, I do the following
> steps: - keep a local tree (there resources.cpp exist)
> - copy it to another directory using "cp -a" where I remove the .svn
> directories and from which I create a tarball of my own
> - use this created tarball as the Source for rpm
>
> So, it's this tarball which doesn't have resources.cpp and I have no idea
> why, either something silly on my part or something removed it during
> build.

It definetely exists in my tarball, so something in the buildprocess is
removing it.

Hmm, check this build log:
(...)
make[2]: Entering directory `/build/svn/xara/BUILD/XaraLX-0.5r1200/wxOil'
test -z "svnversion.h" || rm -f svnversion.h
rm -rf .libs _libs
test -z "libwxOil.a" || rm -f libwxOil.a
rm -f *.o
test -z "resources.h xrc/dialogs.xrc xrc/strings.xrc xrc/strings.lst
xrc/xaralx.po xrc/resources.xrs resources.cpp xrc/xrc.check" || rm -f
 resources.h xrc/dialogs.xrc xrc/strings.xrc xrc/strings.lst xrc/xaralx.po
xrc/resources.xrs resources.cpp xrc/xrc.check
rm -f *.lo
make[2]: Leaving directory `/build/svn/xara/BUILD/XaraLX-0.5r1200/wxOil'

It's being indeed removed.