Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] [patch] Have implemented a Linux port of GetMemoryStatus ("Function to find available RAM")

Vasil Dimov wrote:
I think it would be better not to test if it is linux or freebsd but
rather if /proc/meminfo exists and whether contains the necessary
information.

That's in effect what it does. It tests it by trying to open the
file. If that fails, it defaults to the old behaviour.

What I meant was it would be useful to get the information some
other way on FreeBSD etc if the proc file can't be read. Also,
I am not sure whether the proc file has the same format
on FreeBSD (it should also fail gracefully, but if /proc
is mounted on FreeBSD it could instead use whatever the
FreeBSD format is).

Alex