RE: [XaraXtreme-dev] Hello Xara!

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Xara LX and for your contribution. Have you
signed the Xara LX contributor agreement? Please see
www.xaraxtreme.org/developers/contributing.html for details of why this
is required. Hopefully you won't find the agreement too onerous - we've
tried hard to make it as fair as possible.

Thanks

Neil

On
> Behalf Of JLM
> Sent: 25 May 2007 00:33
> To: dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [XaraXtreme-dev] Hello Xara!
>
> Hi, I enjoy Xara LX, and I also like programming so I decided to help
> out with some development. My first contribution is rather simple, I
> guess the equivalent of a "Hello World".
>
> I am using a non-standard GTK theme. This one has light text on a dark
> background. I have found that some parts of Xara's UI are illegible
> because they expect dark text on a light background. These changes
> should accommodate any GTK theme.
>
> First, in the Gallery dialog the background is white, but any text or
> even any line attributes in the line gallery are in the GTK theme's
text
> color. This makes it very difficult to read using my theme. After some
> investigation I discovered that the text background color Xara is
> obtaining from wxWidgets is wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOW. wxWidgets always
> returns white for that value. I think the more appropriate enum is
> wxSYS_COLOR_BACKGROUND. So in wxOil/dlgcol.cpp on line 207 change it
from:

> GetOSColour(&mTextBack, wxSYS_COLOUR_WINDOW);

> GetOSColour(&mTextBack, wxSYS_COLOUR_BACKGROUND);
>
> Second, also in the Gallery dialog, the lines that contain the folder
> icon and some text are also difficult to read. This is because the
> background color is being forced to 192,192,192, but the foreground
> color used is the theme's color. If the background color should be
light
> then the foreground color should be dark. This change forces the text
on
> these lines to black. In Kernel/sgtree.cpp I added these lines after
5006:

>           DocColour TextCol(COLOUR_BLACK);
>           Col.SetSeparable(FALSE);
>
> And then on line 5062 (was 5059) I changed from:

RedrawInfo->Renderer->SetFixedSystemTextColours(&RedrawInfo->Foreground,