Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] Hello Xara!

--On 27 May 2007 10:21 -0400 JLM <jsado_sc5@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Further, thinking this was just a problem with my
theme, I looked for others and realized that widgets can take on almost
any arbitrary look, and the only way for Xara to mimic that is to use
the same rendering engine.
Is this a useful endeavor

Yes, quite possibly. You want to look at cartctl.cpp, cartprov.cpp for the
button rendering stuff. I would not, however, go straight to gtk, but
instead use wxWidgets own rendering classes; this would make it render
buttons on Windows through Windows, and on the Mac through the native
Mac stuff. I warn you it is not simple, though, hence my original
cop-out (partly because wxWidgets didn't implement all the rendering
stuff to begin with).

Alex