Re: [XaraXtreme-dev] XCode project

On 04/06/06, Alex Bligh <alex@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ben Fowler wrote:
>> * build-resources.pl does not find the svn command and a bodged
>> version number is supplied.

With recent build-resources.pl it won't even try and run
svn unless "-s" is on the command line. It shouldn't be
on the command line when called from XCode. So yes, there
will be a bodged version number, but it shouldn't even
be trying to call svnversion. If it's really important
this works, I can put in an SVNVERSION environment variable
so the path to it can be specified.

It is your call whether this is important. Personally, I think that it
is, as users like to report  problems against a specific version, and
in any case to know which version they have. XCode has a mechanism for
embedding version numbers in its builds, using the Info.plist, and I
was thinking of adding this to Xara; but there are other things which
seem to be more important.

Ben